Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

iPhones and iPad's meet.... iOS 5

I finally upgraded my iPhone 3GS to iOS 5.  Can I say, Wow!?

I have been waiting FOREVER (and so have a lot of other users) for the iPhone's messaging system to have some way to hide the keyboard after you've finished texting so you can read through all of the texts on the page (in case you forgot what you were talking about, haha).

Before, you had to click 'messages' to return to the screen containing all of your conversations and then go back into the conversation you wanted and it would (by default) open without the keyboard visible. But as soon as you open the keyboard to send a message, you must redo the whole procedure to get it to disappear again. NOT ANYMORE!

With iOS 5, when you scroll through the messages (which normally would scroll the messages in the small area above the keyboard which would show about 3-4 lines of text) it hides the keyboard at the same speed that you scroll until it totally disappears and then stays away until you open it again.

It's been a while since I posted (I've been too involved in my quest for Pocket Watches lately) but I hope this is a good bit of information for those of you, like I was a few days ago, still debating whether or not to upgrade.

Good Luck out there!

~KHaleTech

No comments:

Post a Comment